Friday, June 11, 2010

Waiting for a connection....

Friday Morning 6:45 am

Everyone is sleeping and I am clicking away on my wireless keyboard that is paired with my lovely iPad....the joys of technology coupled with the agony of my dependence on said technology as I am isolated without a wireless connection to the digital world.
Hopefully the wizards of British Telecom will remedy the situation today at 10 am and connect this apartment to the world via cable, telephone, and internet. I am not convinced it will be successful as Chris has been working on this for the past 6 weeks, but I am hopeful and will only allow myself positive thoughts that this will in fact happen. 

I write this journal entry through the haze of jet lag....a curious mixture of fatigue and disorientation at being in a new environment. I sit in the kitchen of Chris' apartment in the Richmond district of Greater London. It is a small space but actually quite lovely and well equipped....with a very nice kitchen. Thank you Chris! The weather is overcast and a bit muggy which suits me fine as I do not have very ambitious plans for the day. Find my way to the market, take the kids to the park, hopefully get this internet connection sorted or figure out where to find a hotspot so that I may publish this to my blog. Oh, and shower....a nice long hot shower would be absolutely fabulous...oh and a nice cup of tea. And most importantly, do my practice as this is my commitment to myself....my practice and my writing. 

Joy! I have managed to import photos from my camera successfully! That is one technological hurdle down, along with paring my keyboard.....now all I need is an internet connection and I am on my way. Fingers crossed!

I awoke this morning thinking of the poet Rumi and I reached for my book and the first thing that caught my eye was this line in the introduction. 

"There is a voice in us all that is ever-present, a voice that always sings its melody to the world. This is the voice of truth and certainty, the voice that lays bare the hidden mysteries of the soul."

I am seeking a singular burst of inspiration so that I may write "in a single breathless obedience....without one word being in doubt or having to be changed." It is thought that it is this inspired state that opens up the vistas of the universe....and can only be glimpsed at peak moments in our lives. (I am paraphrasing from the introduction of "Rumi: In the Arms of the Beloved") 

So there you have it, my mission, my desire, my mandate even.....find my melody and sing my song as I explore the vistas of my internal landscape seeking truth and God willing, a small amount of certainty. No small task, yet not such a large one either. I just need to listen, breathe, and relax. Time to find my mat and get to it......

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment