Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Wonderful City

Well you know you could actually live in a city when you acclimate to it so easily. I have only been in Prague for two days, but already I am finding my way around without a map! The sounds of the people talking, though I don't know the language, are becoming quite normal to my ears and I feel very at ease walking the city. It is a wonderful place....full of music, art, old world charm, and new world sophistication. Yesterday I caught a wonderful concert in one of the many classical music venues and it was marvelous. Tonight I go to see the Prague Philharmonic for what will no doubt be another stellar performance. So many concerts and talented musicians all playing for such a reasonable price....a fabulous treat and one that I don't mind indulging. I spent the whole of yesterday walking the city, round and round and in and out, and it was great. Today I plan a visit to the old Jewish Quarter, the only Jewish area in Eastern Europe that was not destroyed by the Nazis. I will tour the ghetto, the Jewish museum, and visit the old cemetery. Afterwards, if time allows...I might take a Segway tour of town and see the Prague Castle. It is a beautiful warm summer day...so I might just spend it walking again.

Last night as I meandered home I went to an absinth bar and gave it a shot...actually 3 shots, truth be told. Wow...powerful stuff! Not to worry though, I managed to get home safe and sound. Prague is an amazingly safe city...I feel completely at home here. Wonderful!

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment